Thursday, August 14, 2008

reality sinks in...

Gooser, 1st Day of Kindergarten, 6:30 a.m.

As the school year came to its end in May, so did, so it seemed, my blogging days. Yeah, the ideas came and went, but the motivation to actually sit down and type never even registered. I questioned why I was doing it, the amount of time I spent doing it, and did anyone really even care.

Now with school back in and some inspiration from friends and family, I'm feeling a little blogish. We'll see how long it lasts.

So back to reality...Beginning the day after school let out, the Gooser began asking, "Is it time to go to kindergarten?" This lasted pretty much every day until I decided that she needed a visual count down...and I needed a moment to not have to think about school.

The night before school started she was so wired that she could barely go to sleep; it was 10:00 p.m. at best, which is scary-late for my five-year-old. The dreaded alarm sounded around 5:20 a.m. Thursday morning. Usually Gooser sleeps right through, but not this day. Up she popped, donned her lucky lavendar dress, grabbed her gear, and was waiting at the door by 6:00 a.m. Mornings could not get any easier than this!

The all-time high lasted for the first two days, going totally non-stop until she finally crashed Friday night sometime around 7:15 p.m. The little booger was just plum worn out. Needless to say, mornings for the past two weeks have not been quite so easy.

So tonight Goose asks, "Momma, what's tomorrow?"
I reply with much enthusiasm, "Friday!"
"Yea! No more school!" she adds.


"He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart:
He gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

...how comforting!

2 comments:

The giant and the monkey's mama said...

keep em comin!! you are so good with your blog...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are back! I love reading your "stuff." lisag