Saturday, October 25, 2008

five fabulous friends....a series

Michelle and our kids at Disney World...hopefully, she won't kill me for using this.

Second Fabulous Friend: Michelle

I'm guessing that I've known Michelle for at least seven years. She was a regular gym rat like me, and here and there I would see her at the club. But just as Lisa and I bonded through our first pregnancies, Michelle and I bonded through our second. Our daughters were born nine days apart and have been BFF's ever since.

God knows that I do everything through the buddy system and provided me with a house just two doors down from Michelle. We've lived on the same street for almost five years now, and she is the epitome of the word neighbor. Even with three children under the age of seven, she never minds adding more bodies to watch or more mouths to feed. I've never seen anyone be more gracious to kids than Michelle.

Where I usually am the stay-at-home-in-my-routine mom, she has inspired me to take the kids, make plans, or do just the simple things that a mom would do. There's no telling how many ideas I have stolen, or been given, from her.

Here's to my Grey's buddy...my kids and I have a much better life because you are near!


"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15: 12-13

No comments: